6 International Celebrities That Own Bitcoins
September 24, 2020
Cryptocurrencies, a decade ago, were not something that people knew about. But things have changed in the past few years and now many new investors and millennials are expressing a keen interest in crypto coins. This change has also been brought about by the fact that many international celebrities endorse crypto assets and have earned millions investing in these. From pop artists like Pitbull and Katy Perry to Hollywood actors like Ashton Kutcher and Johnny Depp and sports personalities like Lionel Messi and Mike Tyson, many public figures have dabbled in crypto coins. Many of these celebrities now own millions of dollars in Bitcoins and support trending automated trading apps like bitcoin era as they save much of the trading time. No surprises then why more and more people are trying their luck in cryptocurrencies.
- Snoop Dogg: In 2013, the Bitcoin was not as popular as it is today, and Snoop Dogg first offered music lovers the chance to pay for his album in Bitcoins. He had sold his music for 0.3 BTC at that time.
- Ashton Kutcher: This famous Hollywood star is a huge investor in technology and a big supporter of the blockchain technology. His involvement in the crypto world is known worldwide and in an interview he had said why he thought Bitcoins were going to become more relevant with time. He had even invested in UnikoinGold with Mark Cuban, a billionaire; he has also made significant investments in BitPay, Airbnb, and Uber.
- Paris Hilton: Paris Hilton has been one of the most popular socialites to endorse the cryptocurrencies. In 2017, she had tweeted her support for a newly-launched crypto coin called the Lydian Coin. She even expressed her intention to taking part in the new ICO but this coin eventually never took off.
- Bill Gates: Who does not know that Bill Gates is a millionaire? He is also one of the best known celebrities to invest in Bitcoins; he has spoken rather positively in favor of Bitcoins in a Bloomberg interview in 2014. He found Bitcoin exciting because it was cheap; moreover, he found it was superior to other currencies because you did not have to be in the same place physically to make transactions. He may have had some recent reservations about the Bitcoin but he was one of the first to endorse cryptocurrencies and invest in it.
- Gwyneth Paltrow: This British actress is another well-known public figure who has shown her support for cryptocurrencies. She had been the face of a Bitcoin wallet Abra and had turned into a crypto adviser from 2017. She even came out with an article called “The Basics of Bitcoin and Crypto Currency, and How To Invest” which she posted on Twitter.
- Mel B: The former Spice Girls singer Mel B has been a strong advocate of Bitcoins. She had started accepting payments in Bitcoin for her Christmas single way back in 2014. At that time, she had mentioned in a press release that she was quite excited to experiment with this new currency. She expressed her love for technology that she felt made human lives easier. She was thankful that Bitcoins was uniting her fans all over the world.